Pages

Tuesday, November 13, 2012

A Thanksgiving Table

Lucky for me, I'm not hosting Thanksgiving dinner this year, but if I were, here's how I'd set my festive table. Enjoy!

John Robshaw "Atavi" Tablecloth


I'd start with John Robshaw's Atavi tablecloth (starts at $95).





Next, I'd layer on a rustic table runner, like this one from Etsy ($21).





Then, I'd add a couple of these naturally shed deer antlers from Etsy ($65) and...





...arrange several of these mason jar candles (Etsy -- $35.99 for four) with split peas & corn kernels along the center of the table.





For the food, I would serve them on white platters, such as this one I found on Etsy ($85).




For the place settings, I would start with a wooden charger, like this one from Pier1 ($6.95) with its antiqued finish.




Then, I'd layer on a rustic ceramic dinner plate from sheilsart on Etsy ($135 for four).




On top of that, I'd add this lacy Merletto salad plate from Arte Italica ($28).




To complement the lace pattern of the salad plate, I'd roll up a vintage crochet-edge napkin from eBay ($21.99 for five) and place it in a custom napkin ring.



DIY Napkin Ring: Leather Bracelet    ///    Spray-Painted Feathers


First, I'd slide one of these brown multi-strand leather bracelets (Etsy -- $18.50) over the napkin. Then, as a nod to Native Americans, I'd spray paint a couple feathers in a metallic gold or bronze (check out The Letter 4), and prop the bottom ends just inside the bracelet.




The pilgrims drank out of wooden cups, so why can't we? I'd buy a set of these wooden goblets from Salvage Woodworks ($85 each), and fill them up with red wine.




Finally, depending on how much room I had left on the table, I'd add a white pumpkin or two wrapped in a twisted garland of bittersweet for a small pop of autumnal color, like this from BHG.

No comments:

Post a Comment