Pages

Monday, November 12, 2012

Headed Home to Louisiana

It's been nearly 15 years since I moved away from my home state of Louisiana. I'm so excited to be heading home for a whole week for Thanksgiving! These items represent just a handful of things I love about Louisiana.

St. Louis Cathedral Watercolor


I found this beautiful watercolor of New Orleans' St. Louis Cathedral on Ruby Lane ($195).




Forget curds & whey. UhOhMama from Etsy embroiders this adorable pattern ($20) on T-shirts. I might ask her to do one on a tea towel for my kitchen...crawfish etouffee is my FAVORITE food!


Painted Cypress Knees: Halloween Ghosts    ///    Santa Countdown


When people think of Louisiana, they most certainly think of swamps full of cypress trees. I love how these sellers on Etsy created art from cypress knees. Halloween ghosts ($95) and Santa Countdown ($52).




Love these skinny French doors from New Orleans that I found on eBay ($600).




A vintage college pin from my (first) alma mater (eBay -- $15). I'd rather it use the word "LOVE."


John Folse Cookbook


My Bible. The only cookbook I keep displayed on my kitchen counter. It can also be yours from eBay ($40).

1 comment:

  1. Angela ... Thx for featuring 'BOO', my Cypress Knee Halloween Ghosts on your blog! much appreciated! Enjoy your Thanksgiving holiday!

    ReplyDelete