Pages

Friday, November 9, 2012

Log Cabin

The weather here in L.A. is finally getting cooler (63 degrees this afternoon), and I got to fantasizing about a cabin in the woods while I sat in the carpool line. Although I don't have one, I wouldn't mind a cabin sitting atop some snowy mountain...for just a weekend or so. I can trace back my love of log cabins to a middle-school project about Abe Lincoln. I built a cabin from scratch, using sticks from my backyard and my dad's band saw (WTH was he thinking?!).



This adorable log cabin on Ruby Lane ($225) would look precious dressed up for the holidays, which is what I do with my old school project. I would have posted a photo of it here, however, I haven't taken out my Christmas decorations (not that far off my rocker yet).





Speaking of Christmas (already?!), how cool is this vintage gingerbread mold on eBay ($25)?



I didn't even know there was such a quilting pattern by that name. Isn't it amazing that this silk & wool beauty is almost 150 years old, yet it looks so modern?! East Meets West on 1stdibs ($950).





So sweet! Made by Westmoreland and found on Etsy ($125).





Complete with illustrations & photos, this vintage book tells you everything you'd need to know to build a real log cabin. Found it on Etsy ($25).




Look what I stumbled upon! This is beyond cool. Read the blog post on dornob.

No comments:

Post a Comment